¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,.•*•:*¨¨*:•:,¸¸,:•:*

Would you wear and use a vintage pocket watch?

Friday, December 18, 2009

Rotating Gear Ring with Hand-Hammered Brass Adjustable Band

One of A Kind!

This is one of my favorite rings that I have made. A one-way rotating timing gear from a clock forms the centerpiece; it will spin in one direction only, just as it functioned inside the timepiece itself.  Several people have told me that this is the ultimate "fidget ring"
and it has over 130 views on ArtFire alone, but it has yet to be purchased.
The pure brass strip for the band was hammered by hand and polished it until it gleamed.  I also wore the ring for a little while to be sure that the band was comfortable. 
It is set at a size 6 or so, but I can form it to one of several sizes (down to 4 or up to about 9) upon purchase if that information is given, or the buyer can easily adjust it to fit.

This ring was finally purchased in October 2010, with 1024 item views.  
After having it around my shop for almost a year, it is like seeing an old friend move away. Thank you, and I hope the buyer enjoys it very much.

~ DS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails